This unique ministry opportunity has been around almost as long as the OPC! The summer of 2013 will be the 69th consecutive season of ministry. There are openings now available for serving this summer. Finances will not keep you from being a part of this incredibly affordable missions experience. If you are not familiar with “the Chapel”, I encourage you to browse the Boardwalk Chapel’s website to learn about this special corner of the OPC.
Those who participate will most likely acknowledge that sharing your faith “on the boards” with total strangers will prove to be a particularly frightening yet incredibly rewarding experience. As the website states, being a volunteer on the staff of the Boardwalk Chapel can be one of the most difficult jobs. But most staff testify that their summer at the Chapel was one of the best ever.
PAID SUMMER ASSISTANT POSITIONS: (Early June – thru third week in August) There are currently two positions available for male Summer Assistants and/or interns
- Remuneration: $4000.00 plus dorm accommodations.
- Seminarians or other qualified persons act as Summer Assistants and additionally, if approved, as Interns at Calvary and or Central Bible OP Churches, Wildwood, NJ.
- Note: Men under care of their presbyteries and approved by the OPC Internship Program will receive a remuneration of $6000.00 for the summer.
- Summer Assistant Application Forms are available upon request via E-mail.
Are open for volunteers to serve in the Boardwalk Chapel Ministry (June – August)
- High School seniors and older (no age limit) are encouraged to apply.
- Cost: $450.00 for the Food/Activity Fund plus travel to Wildwood.
- Dorm accommodations are provided.
- Jobs are available in Wildwood for those who need to earn an income during the summer.
Volunteer application forms are available at http://boardwalkchapel.org/serve/application-forms/
- Volunteer Information and Application Forms – PDF Hard Copy
- Volunteer Application – PDF Digital
- Volunteer Church Recommendation – PDF Digital
The deadline for applications to be received is May 18, 2013.
Interested? Don’t wait another day before contacting Interim Director Rev. James A. Zozzaro at firstname.lastname@example.org. He looks forward to hearing from you!