I would like to challenge our OP churches to think about additional ministries, activities or projects that they would be able to take on . . . if they had volunteers from another church or presbytery to help them! In identifying such a need, a church provides an opportunity for service for those who desire to share their time, gifts and skills as members of a short-term mission team.
In the past few years, several churches made their specific needs for help known, and individuals and groups responded to the call. The collaboration resulted in thanksgiving for an accomplishment enjoyed by both the team participants and the recipients of the help!
Here are some examples of how short-term mission teams served OP churches in the recent past:
- Covenant OPC in Barre, Vermont, appreciated the help they received in ministering to a brother
- New Covenant OPC in South San Francisco, California, is so thankful for their “extreme makeover“
- Providence OPC in Austin, Texas, helped San Antonio Reformed with its local outreach program
How might your church use a team?
- Could you once again run a VBS . . . something you have not been able to do for lack of staff?
- Is there a local outreach effort that can be supported by a team of willing volunteers?
- Can you bring some ministry to members of your congregation who have needs and could use diaconal assistance?
- Maybe your church facilities need some upgrading or repairs . . . are you willing to allow a team to help?
- Are there needy people in your locality to whom the love of Christ could be shown?
How To Request a Team
Click here to complete a form to “Request a Team to Help Your Church”
For further information, please contact:
Mr. David P. Nakhla
OPC Short-Term Missions and Disaster Response Coordinator