by Sherry Wagner, Bayview OPC, Chula Vista, CA (updated December 2016)
Are you looking for a great way to serve as a short-term missionary this summer?
You are needed on the short-term missions team traveling to the Czech Republic this summer (July 12-24, 2017) to present the gospel in the form of a summer family English Camp!
- Bayview OPC (Chula Vista, CA) receives the applications, fills the team, does the training, and organizes the trip.
- The camp is advertised to the Czechs as an English Camp run by Christians.
- Czech families are invited to come to a hotel/resort for one week to attend classes, go on day trips, enjoy sporting activities, and put on skits and talent shows (of which they are particularly fond).
- The Czechs find the concept of a camp where the entire family can participate and enjoy a week together very appealing.
- Reading lessons are from Scripture and oral discussions revolve around the stories presented in the lessons.
- This is a tremendous opportunity to present the Word of God, and attendee response and interaction is usually energetic.
Testimonial from 2016 English Camp team member, Eli Hirtzel:
“The best part of the English Camp team is the diverse range of ages of team members, from young people to more seasoned adults, all working together on this trip. It is a pure picture of how the church works as a whole, everybody doing their own job that fits the gifts that God has supplied them with. Short term missions are not only for the young but for the whole body of Christ, and there is no better representation of that than English Camp in the Czech Republic.”
Testimonial from 2016 English Camp team member, Christine Barnes:
“English Camp is a special mission field because of the many opportunities to share our Christian faith both with believers and unbelievers. Sometimes this sharing comes in the classroom during discussion of Bible stories such as the Prodigal Son. Other times, Czech friends pose big questions about who God is, the theory of evolution, or the Christian life while gathered around the evening campfire savoring traditional roasted Czech sausages. And at this year’s camp, following several nights of viewing the film Chariots of Fire, there was a hearty discussion about how Christians honor the Lord in the use of their gifts and time.”
Details About English Camp:
If you are over 18 years of age and interested in participating, you are invited to contact English Camp Coordinator Sherry Wagner for further details. And, please pray earnestly that the Lord of the harvest will send forth his laborers into this important mission field (Matthew 9:38).
Sherry Wagner, English Camp Coordinator
Bayview OPC, Chula Vista, CA