by Janet Birkmann, STM Admin Assistant (updated January 2017)
* * * * * * * * Team Haiti 2017 has been filled! * * * * * * * *
This year’s team of 10 includes:
- 7 young women and 3 young men
- members of 8 OP congregations from 6 states
- 2 returning team members and 8 first-timers
Once again this summer, the Youth Committee of the Presbytery of Southern California will send out “Team Haiti” to help OP missionaries Ben and Heather Hopp present VBS programs at churches on the island of Lagonav.
From the Hopps:
“The Hopp family is excited about our return to Haiti in April 2017 after a year on furlough. If you are a young person looking for something important to do this summer, we hope you will consider joining us by traveling to Haiti and ministering to the young people in the churches. Not only will you get to experience Haiti first-hand but you will also see what life is like for a missionary family. Who knows whether God might be calling you to serve him overseas? Team Haiti could be the first step on this journey.” – Ben & Heather Hopp
“We love to have teams visit and the opportunity to talk to you about our life in Haiti. We are always blessed by connecting with the church back home through your visits to us. We get the opportunity to show you what our life is like but also grow spiritually through your sharing your life with us.” – The Hopp Kids
- June 24 – July 6, 2017
Brochure and Application Form:
Deadlines and Fees:
- Application Due:
- February 25, 2017
- Do not delay in sending in your application
- Team Chosen & Notified:
- March 1, 2017
- Team Confirmed/First Payment:
- $700 Fee Due Immediately on Notification: March 2, 2017
- Cancellation Fee:
- Since tickets will be purchased IMMEDIATELY by the committee, if a team member should need to back out after he/she has confirmed, he/she will be responsible for any cancellation fees that may occur, which is usually the full cost of the ticket.
- Second Payment:
- $500 is due April 15, 2017
- Final Payment:
- $500 is due June 1, 2017
- Gifts and Supplies for the Hopps
- Estimated at $50
- Team members will also need to see their doctor before going to Haiti in order to receive necessary shots to avoid illness while there. Details will be forthcoming to those who are selected.
- Pastor Matthew Prather of Corona OPC in Corona, California, will lead this team. He will be ably assisted by Rosie Perkins who has been on five previous Team Haiti trips.
- Click here for an overview of Team Haiti
- Click here to review photos and testimonials from Team Haiti