by Janet Birkmann, STM Admin Assistant (updated April 2017)
* * * * * * * 2017 English for Teens Team has been filled! * * * * * * * *
At least one young woman and possibly one more young man with camping experience are needed to help lead the “English for Teens” Bible Camping Trip for French-speaking teens from Quebec City this summer!
The four day/three night camping trip is part of the “English for Kids” summer outreach program of St-Marc’s Reformed Church in Quebec City, where OP Missionary Rev. Ben Westerveld is the Pastor.
- The main focus of the camp is to teach English conversation and the Bible.
- Camp leaders must demonstrate a credible faith and Christian life, and have a sincere desire to make Christ known through the project.
- St-Marc’s Camp Coordinator and bilingual translators will run the camp and follow up afterwards with the families contacted through the camp.
- Camp activities include fishing, canoeing, campfires, survival training, and plenty of time to discuss the Word of God.
Rev. Westerveld says, “The teens enjoy getting out of the city and spending a more intensive time together with their friends and the camp leaders. We’re praying for an opportunity to truly connect with the youth and see them grow in their desire to discover and know God the Father.”
- August 21-25, 2017
- Your expenses will include your travel to and from Quebec, and some meals.
- All other camping and program costs are covered.
- Click here for the 2017 Quebec Mission Application Form
Testimonials from Camp Leaders:
Rev. Ben Westerveld
Pastor, St. Mark’s Reformed Church, Quebec City