by Janet Birkmann, STM Admin Assistant (March 2016)
There are exciting opportunities to teach English at the university level in Asia this coming school year! Invest in the lives of students who are uniquely positioned to impact this region of the world!
Begin September 2017 or February 2018!
Basic requirements to serve as a full-time university instructor of interactive English conversation classes:
- A commitment of at least 1 to 2 years
- Willingness to accept a teaching contract at the university
- Ability to raise one’s own support/living expenses
- Native/near native English speaker
- At least a Bachelor’s degree from a liberal arts or science discipline
- Two years of teaching/tutoring experience
- Experience working in cross-cultural contexts is preferred
- An ESL/EFL/TESOL certificate is helpful, but not required
- Some preliminary study in the local language and culture is recommended
Click here to read one young woman’s testimonial about her time in Asia.
For Further Information on . . .
- Visas, work permits, residence permits
- Funds and banking
- Language preparation
- Health insurance
- Computers and internet
- and more
and for Applications Forms (due May 31, 2017) . . .
Rev. Douglas Clawson
Associate General Secretary
OPC Committee on Foreign Missions