Diaconal Summit III (June 15-17, 2017)
Registrants may direct questions to:
- Janet Birkmann, Registrar:
- Chris Sudlow, CDM Diaconal Training Subcommittee:
General Information for Registrants:
- Sheets and towels are provided in the dorm rooms
- Dress is casual – be comfortable!
- $25 fee for unreturned room keys at end of summit
- Arrival Instructions/General Info
Airport Transport to Wheaton:
- Rides from and to the airport have been arranged by Zach Meadows
- Links to Excel docs with all the details have been emailed directly to registrants
- Zach Meadows is available for questions at
- Text or cell at 630-379-2914
Diaconal Summit III:
Registration Closed May 15, 2017
Deacons, deacons-in-training, elders, and ministers, in or outside the OPC, are invited to register for the OPC’s 3rd national diaconal summit.
The summit is designed to:
- Strengthen the network of deacons in the OPC
- Encourage deacons in their labors
- Provide solid diaconal training
- Our keynote speaker will be Dr. David S. Apple, Director of Mercy Ministries at Tenth Presbyterian Church in Philadelphia, PA, and author of “Not Just a Soup Kitchen: How Mercy Ministry in the Local Church Transforms Us All”
- OPC Member:
- $25 registration fee
- No conference fee (all expenses, including food and lodging, are covered by the Committee on Diaconal Ministries)
- Non-OPC Member:
- $25 registration fee
- $125 conference fee includes food and lodging
- Double-room suites with semi-private baths are provided in the dorms on the Wheaton campus
- A particular roommate may be requested
- Single rooms are available in the dorms if needed
- All registrants are responsible for their own travel to and from the Chicago area
- Rides will be provided to and from O’Hare and Midway Airports
- To facilitate the arrangement of rides, it is recommended that flights be scheduled to arrive between 2 and 4 pm on Thursday, June 15th and depart between 2 and 4 pm on Saturday, June 17th
- If you do not know your flight details at the time you register, you can complete the registration form by hitting the “Finish” button on the “Checkout” page and go back in again later to enter flight details
Deadline to Register:
- May 15, 2017 … or until filled … Register Early!
Don’t Miss Out!
- The CDM anticipates holding these summits at 5-year intervals, with the next one projected to take place in 2022. So don’t miss out on 2017!
Diaconal Summit III
Committee on Diaconal Ministries