What you need to know before you go… How to prepare, what to pack, what to wear…
And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. ~ Colossians 3:17
STM Planning Info
STM Toolbox is a wonderful organization that is ready to help you with coordinating for an agreed upon per/person fee.
The Next Mile: Short Term Missions for the Long Haul
Looking for guidance and inspiration in planning your church’s next STM? Visit The Next Mile, a website produced by DELTA Ministries International that endeavors to help leaders and participants of short-term missions be more intentional in their preparation and reflection. “The heartbeat of The Next Mile is built around the spiritual pilgrimmage concept. It provides practical guidelines and resources to help local churches, organizations and team leaders excel in transforming people for long-term personal change and world impact.”
About English Camp in the Czech Republic
(December 2013) Every summer, Bayview Orthodox Presbyterian Church in Chula Vista, California, partners with Jerry and Marilyn Farnik, missionaries to the Czech Republic, by recruiting a team to present the gospel in the form of a summer family “English Camp” in the Czech Republic. Bayview OPC has provided an excellent account of the background, mission and responsibilities of this wonderful short-term mission opportunity – Click here to read!
What is a Missionary Associate?
A missionary associate (MA) is an individual who is appointed by the OPC Committee on Foreign Missions to labor on a foreign mission field without cost to the committee. There is an application process, and terms of service generally range from 3 months to 2 years. There are often educational and background requirements.
The objectives of missionary associate service are:
- to assist the mission in its tasks – e.g., evangelistic outreach
- to provide an opportunity to test the MA’s gifts for permanent service
- to enrich the MA’s life for greater service as a member of their local church
Further information and applications may be obtained from Rev. Douglas Clawson, the Associate General Secretary of the Committee on Foreign Missions, at email@example.com.
International Travel Medical Insurance:
- All OPC short-term mission participants traveling overseas are required to obtain international travel medical insurance. (This is not the same as “trip cancellation insurance.”) Lots can go wrong when you leave the country – and your U.S. health insurance won’t cover you!
- Groups can pick up Day Tripper Group Travel Insurance for often less than $2/day/person.
- Individual travelers might consider an Atlas Travel Insurance package.
- We typically obtain these with the help of Grace Morrow, easily reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. To be sure, many other good companies exist as well!
- ShortTermTeamInsurance.com explains why your short-term mission trip planning must include International Travel Medical Insurance.
Traveling with Personal Internet-Enable Devices
- Click here for important security tips from US-CERT (“Computer Emergency Readiness Team”).
- Tips for Preparing an Insurance Claim (2 page pdf)
The documents below require a password to download. Contact OPC STM for a password.