What you need to know before you go… How to prepare, what to pack, what to wear…
And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. ~ Colossians 3:17
STM Planning Info
- STM Toolbox is a wonderful organization that is ready to help you with coordinating for an agreed upon per/person fee.
Curriculum to Help You Plan an STM
- In an effort to help leaders and participants of Short-Term Missions be more intentional in their preparation and reflection, Delta Ministries (a non-profit organization that works with churches to send many teams throughout the US and around the world each year) put together a curriculum specifically designed to aid in this process. Consider whether “The Next Mile” might be a help to you in planning your church’s next STM.
Brief Q&A Regarding OPC STM Teams
- (November 2013) Many churches and mission fields contemplate the use of a short-term missions team when planning their summer outreach and labors, but find the prospect daunting if they haven’t sent or received a team previously. One of our mission fields, new to the idea of using a team, recently contacted David Nakhla, OPC Short-Term Missions Coordinator, with a set of questions in this regard. Click here to read the Q&A, which provides an introduction to OPC STM teams.
English Camp in Czech Republic
- (December 2013) Every summer, Bayview Orthodox Presbyterian Church in Chula Vista, California, partners with Jerry and Marilyn Farnik, missionaries to the Czech Republic, by recruiting a team to present the gospel in the form of a summer family “English Camp” in the Czech Republic. Bayview OPC has provided an excellent account of the background, mission and responsibilities of this wonderful short-term mission opportunity – Click here to read!
- Travel Insurance! This is a requirement for all OPC short-term participants traveling internationally. Groups can pick up Day Tripper Group Travel Insurance for often less than $2/day/person. Individual travelers might get consider their Atlas Travel Insurance package. We typically obtain these with the help of Grace Morrow easily reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. To be sure, many other good companies exist as well!
- Traveling with Personal Internet-Enabled Devices – Security tips from US-CERT (Computer Emergency Readiness Team)
- Tips for Preparing an Insurance Claim (2 page pdf)
The documents below require a password to download. Contact OPC STM for a password.